Friday, October 19, 2012

Floating Butterfly Mani

Hello sweet little muffin tins! Sorry, that's one of the nicknames I call my daughters! Today's mani is my first attempt at freehand nail art. It's not awesome but I hope it's not terrible either! It was inspired by a similar version that you may have seen with a bumblebee but I like flutterbys much better!
 
The base of this bit of loveliness is Sinful Colors Cinderella. It's a gorgeous light blue with a pink shimmer that's even better in person! The colors on the butterfly include Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and Sunny Side Up, Pure Ice Free Spirit and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Frutti Petutie and Good to Grape.

 The butterfly was so cute and delicate in my mind's eye but came out more like a giant bug on my finger! I didn't think it was enough of a fail to warrant never trying again though so beware, you'll be seeing more freehand from me! Hopefully I'll improve a little!
Sinful Colors butterfly mani

Sinful Colors butterfly mani

 

Sinful Colors butterfly mani
 
As you can see, I also added some cute little rhinestones because I couldn't just leave the poor thing alone! So did I fail miserably or is it passable for a first try? 

5 comments:

  1. Ooohh that's really fun and pretty! Brilliant job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that looks so lovelyyy! I love that sinful color, I've got an obsession!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazz!! Yeah, that color called to me from the rack!!

      Delete

Please do not put any links in the comments! Your comment will be deleted, thank you! :)