Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I WANT YOU! (To help me with video tutorials!)

Hello my lovely readers!!! I am gearing up to begin making YouTube tutorials and I would sincerely love your suggestions and opinions! If you would like to answer some questions for me, that would be totally awesome!

1.) Which of my manis would you like to see a tutorial of? Or is there something that I haven't done that I could try and do a tutorial of?

2.) Do you prefer videos with no speaking, videos that are done with voiceover or videos where the artist speaks during filming?

3.) Do you prefer for tutorials to be short and edited - like under 3 minutes or would you like to see a real-time video even if it takes 10 minutes?

4.) What do you love or hate that other YouTubers do in their videos?

5.) Any other suggestions/opinions???

If you would please take the time to answer some or all of these or just give me your opinion then I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks lovelies!

11 comments:

  1. I would love to see tutorial videos - but ones that are 10 mins long annoy me because there seems to be a lot of unnecessary chat! If you can cut it down to show just the important bits, I'm more likely to watch the whole thing! I don't have a particular view on the speaking, but I think it's nice when the person does as it makes the video more personal and I suppose it connects you with your audience more?

    Anyway, looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear what you are saying on the unnecessary chat! Thank you so much for your input!

      Delete
  2. I think if you do videos they should have voice overs or if you speak during filming make sure we can see you and its clear obviously. Also I like videos with a lot of light they look a lot more professional in my opinion. Maybe you should try out 3 minute videos and 10 minute ones like a trial and error thing and see which gets the best response. hope I helped x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will absolutely be sure to have good lighting and to be sure that the viewer can easily see all steps! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I personally like a little bit of chat as an introduction, and i agree well lit and in focus is a must, the only thing that puts me off some tutorials is loud dance/rock/rap music! I like to chill out with my nail art :)
    Good luck with it, look forward to watching x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't plan on having music, I think it's a distraction!

      Delete
  4. Do it woman chop chop lets go! P.S. could you do that sugar spin one first? Thanks Love, Kylie-poo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personaly like shorter videos. As a mom I don't always have time to watch 10mins... espically since most of it will be stuff many ppl already know (like painting on base colour or something.. KWIM?) Also Lots of times I mute (to keep my house quite) so I LOVE headings.

    I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I certainly wouldn't waste time taping me putting on my base coat, lol! The thing about headers that worries me is that it involves editing and that usually takes longer than the filming itself, lol! But I will certainly take it into advisement!

      Delete
  6. I don't tend to watch YouTube videos simply because I've clicked on so many that are far too long and waste time picking up and showing every bottle of polish to the camera, and talking about each one! Also I've seen a couple where you can't see the nails being painted, because the hand doing the painting blocks the view, which is quite pointless!
    I would watch yours if they were only 3 minutes, and I'd love to see a sugar spun one.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not put any links in the comments! Your comment will be deleted, thank you! :)